Litigation Capabilities And Lawsuit Results
The Elman Law Group LLC concentrates in Illinois personal Injury lawsuits and wrongful death cases.
Thomson Reuters has named Tony Elman, Lead Trial Attorney of the Elman Law Group, a “Super Lawyer.” This designation is based upon both professional achievement and peer recognition. Only the top 5% of lawyers can receive this designation.
Elman Law Group has been handling Illinois personal injury cases for over 25 years. During this period, the firm has handled over 10,000 personal injury cases. This breadth of experience helps us in determining the course of action that will lead to the optimal resolution of your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Many of these cases were in Cook County.
Court Trial Verdicts
Elman Law group has established a reputation for its court trial performance. This is valuable to our clients, because if a lawsuit settlement offer is not acceptable, we have a proven capability of successfully taking cases to court. As seen in many cases, taking cases to court often leads to (substantially) higher compensation for our clients.
One such case was a “slip & fall” injury case. Elman Law Group achieved a $746,000 jury verdict in a “slip & fall” accident after no settlement was offered. The underlying injury occurred in Blue Island. In that case (Geneva Lewis vs. Pierre’s) a rotator cuff injury occurred after the plaintiff slipped on a wet floor in a bakery.
Among our other notable lawsuit results include:
- A $980,000 verdict in a Chicago auto accident
- A $775,000 settlement in 2019 for Chicago pedestrian accident injuries (summarized in the “Cook County Pedestrian Crashes And The Need For Injury Compensation” post)
- A $621,000 jury verdict involving a wrist fracture injury resulting from a Chicago car accident. The case, John Calhoun vs. Peter Ochoa, involved a court trial in Cook County Circuit Court in Chicago.
- A $240,000 settlement in 2018
- A $220,000 settlement in a 2018 Will County case involving a broken arm suffered during a parking lot accident
- A $105,000 Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in 2018 concerning car accident injuries involving an uninsured motorist
- Many other $100,000+ awards
Because of Elman Law Group’s courtroom trial performance – which also helps us get large verdicts for smaller cases – many well-known Chicago law firms as well as national law firms choose to have Elman Law Group take their cases to court.
We provide a free legal consultation concerning your Illinois injury and will tell you how we may help. Please call us at (773) 392-8182 or email us ([email protected]) at any time.
Elman Law Group handles lawsuits on a contingency basis…clients never pay a fee unless and until they receive monetary compensation.
Elman Law Group was named as “#1 (law firm in Chicago) to verdict” numerous times – meaning that of all law firms, we were most likely to have cases decided in court, as opposed to settled out of court. What this means is that should your case require a trial, we have extensive experience in representing cases in court. Our experience may very well help you achieve a greater settlement than if you were to settle out of court.